ENGLAND HOCKEY GUIDELINES & SOUTHGATE HC RULES & REGULATIONS
Southgate Hockey Club COVID Officer – Michelle Joubert – firstname.lastname@example.org
Before Leaving for a Match (Home or Away)
- Everyone must have filled in the Player Participation Form : Player Participation Form
- Each and every player MUST self-assess before coming onto the grounds.
- If you are experiencing ANY COVID related symptoms, please DO NOT come to your game / training session. You need to self-isolate and let your relevant Club Covid Officer know immediately (Southgate Covid Officer – Michelle Joubert email@example.com).
Travel to and from games
- Avoid using public transport.
- Avoid sharing a vehicle with others outside household/bubble.
- If sharing lifts please mitigate risk e.g. opening windows, social distance if possible, face masks etc.
- Please use the Overflow car park for match day.
- Please do not arrive more than 30 minutes before your published PB time.
- Please keep baggage to a minimum and leave excess in your car.
- Please wait in your car until the rest of your team arrive / your slot in the holding area between the pitches start – Your captain will send this to you before the match.
- No form of hockey may be played in these areas, please save stick and ball warm-ups for when you are on the pitch.
- Only the upper floor toilets, in the bar area, will be available pre-game.
- No shower or changing facilities available pre-game.
During the Game
- No bags allowed in dugout – please use yellow demarcated zones along pitch side, bring a waterproof covering or bin bag if it is raining, bags will NOT be allowed in the dugout.
- Max of 3 people, socially distanced and wearing face coverings allowed in the dugout at any one time.
- Team talks at half time:
- Do not use dugout or goals.
- Always maintain social distancing.
- Face Masks:
- Do not share any face masks used during short corners, please ensure you number or name each mask and use your own or the one allocated to you for that game.
- Ensure minimal shouting during play.
- Please limit retrieval of non-personal equipment, where possible, to use of stick (i.e. cones and balls), or allocate clean up to one person per game, until sanitised or left for 72 hours.
- In case of injury:
- Anyone administering necessary first aid should wear a face mask and gloves.
- Please ensure disposable face masks and gloves are available in your team first aid kit.
- Immediately sanitise hands thoroughly after.
- If you are administering the help, avoid touching their eyes, mouth and nose.
- Ensure penalty corners and free hits around the D are taken promptly.
- Ensure that there is no handshaking or other unnecessary close contact.
After the Game
- Please use hand sanitisers on exiting the pitch.
- Refreshments after game:
- Visitors will be escorted to teas by home team to ensure one way system is followed.
- Visitor’s may stay in the clubhouse for up to 1 hour after the game has finished.
- Only the upper floor toilets, in the bar area, will be available post game.
- No shower or changing facilities available post game.
- If you experience any symptoms after having played, you must self-isolate and contact your Club COVID officer immediately (Southgate Covid Officer – Michelle Joubert firstname.lastname@example.org).
Rules for the Bar Area in the Clubhouse
- Please follow all signs and markings around the building to ensure the centre and visitors maintain a Covid compliant environment.
- Bags to sit next to players at the tables.
- Remain seated in the bar area unless in a socially distanced queue to purchase items from the bar.
- If weather is good, please use outside area.
- Max 4 to a table inside.
- Max 6 to a table outside,
- Return glasses and plates to return table,
- Spectators can watch from the balcony if socially distanced and in a single file.
- The balcony will be closed if the centre is too busy and congestion cannot be avoided.
- The bar will operate a takeaway service only when very busy.
Covid Advice for Umpires
- In pre match conversation:
- Remind both teams of content of Participant Agreement.
- Ensure both teams are reminded of Covid related rules:
- Prompt restart at corners.
- No shouting.
- No spitting & nose blowing without tissue (green card).
- Suspended players – on chairs outside of dugout at Southgate.
- Maintain social distancing at all times including breaks in play, half time and full time.
- Encourage players to thank you from distance – wave, thumbs up etc.
- Paperwork concluded using your own pen.
- Use hand sanitiser frequently.