Ladies 2s on fire. 1s still work in progress!!

The Ladies 2s had another amazing week of hockey with another score line of 5-0 and five different goal scorers!  Even though the girls maintained most of the possession and opportunities there were no goals in the first 25 minutes of the game.  But they played with such composure and patience that they kept driving at the goal until something happened.  Once again captain Emma Cox kicked off the scoreline with the smallest of deflections on the end of a ball in from Carla Johl.  The second goal came in the first half and was one of the best this season so far.  With incredible skill and a calm head Sofia Martin intercepted a pass, neatly sidestepped two defenders in the D and slipped the ball through the keeper while everyone stood in awe.  The second half goals were just as dramatic with Gaby Greenwood netting another goal after a rebound off the keeper and a defender.  A drag flick from Claudia Joarder and a cracking reverse stick goal from Charlotte J-P brought the final score line to 5-0.


The ladies 1s were unfortunate not secure 3 points this weekend against Horsham. Captain Lucy Thayer assisted Frankie Cox in the first 4 mins to secure our first points on the board, however, shortly after, Horsham stole two back via short corners. The girls struggled to hit their stride again and a horrible feeling of Deja Vu set in after the visitors were questionably awarded a penalty flick and the score hit 3-1. 

The girls dug deep, in the second half, throwing everything they could at Horsham while the clock slowly ticked down. With less than two minutes remaining, Jennie Stephens pounced on a rebound from the keeper making it 3-2, but it was too little too late. 

Gabby MP and Hanna Kilpatrick made their National League debut, Hanna even putting in a man-of-the-match performance in the midfield. Next week will be a tough match as we travel away to meet Hampstead and Westminster. Everyone loves an under-dog.

The ladies 3s come back. The ladies 3s faced local side Winchmore Hill & Enfield.

Having gone 2-0 down in the first 20 mins heads dropped and confidence was a little lost  . However after Magda got our first goal it was onwards and upwards. Lou equalised just before half time.
We came out fighting and continued to put pressure on the oppo.
The winning goal came from  good team work with the ball falling at Cobs feet who slotted it home
3-2 win